Tuesday, April 24, 2018

I didn't know Ridgid was making pin up calendars in the 70s and 80s, but they had top talent... Raquel Welch



I have seen plenty of the post WW2 pin up art calendars that Ridgid hired George Petty to illustrate with his famous perfectly proportioned art, and you can see a good selection here: http://yargb.blogspot.com/2016/11/click-any-image-to-enlarge-back-in-day.html

I thought Gil Elvgren or Vargas did some for Ridgid too, but I'm probably mistaken

Strangely, this makes the 4th time Raquel has been posted. Twice modeling with cars, and once with a Vespa.

4 comments:

  1. I'm a lifetime plumber from a family of plumbers. I remember my dad taking me with him to the supply house in the sixties and ogling at the ridgid girls. Now I'm sixty three and I think those old gals still look hot. It brings back fond memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In deed Dale, it does. Jess, you didn't know Ridgid did them back then? Hell I remember...oops, showing my age.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd forgotten that I'd posted them years ago.. the old Ridgid pin ups don't show up often online. They never turned up where I grew up, middle of nowhere northern Michigan. I remember seeing a Snap On calendar once, back when they were topless models, but that's it.

      Delete
  3. Yeah Dale, my Dad was a plumber and I always jumped at a chance to go the any supply house because they all had the Ridgid girls, present and past, on display.

    ReplyDelete